Have you heard the expression that time is money? I am sure you have and as result, my only question in response is – why aren’t you treating it that way? There are only so many hours in the day, so make the most of your time. It IS mission critical. The two most common ways to increase your output is working longer and working SMARTER. Unfortunately, I can only help with one of those output producing ways.
Lucky for you, I’ve found a lot of tools that have helped me simplify the process to being more productive. GOOD NEWS… it is easy. Don’t get me wrong, it does require being more deliberate, intentional, and committed to how you manage your time as well as how you approach working on tasks. This post will walk you through 5 applications that will help simplify an effective strategy for increasing your productivity at work.
1.) Demonstrate, Don’t Just Explain.
- Communicate and show your issues visually with Droplr. One of the biggest time wasters that I have found within an organization is when people try to troubleshoot for too long. That doesn’t mean DON’T attempt to solve problems yourself, it means don’t be “that guy” who is lost but won’t ask for directions. On the flip side, don’t just explain how to do something – SHOW it. Droplr helps you create quick graphics for emails, proposals, or presentations. Demonstrate your point in seconds by adding arrows, boxes, annotations etc.
2.) Get Your Head In The Game!
- Don’t get bogged down in a busy open office with noisy coworkers, or domestic distractions at your “home” office. Create a new sustainable work habit. You are capable of great things if you ALWAYS do your best work. Focus@Will makes better use of your time because it knows that focused attention is your most precious resource. It plays music from over 50 diverse channels (thousands of hours of unique tracks) that are based on proven neuroscience research that scientifically optimizes music to help you focus.
3.) Quickly Manage Your Day.
- Blue Cocoa lets you easily add new tasks to your list. Hold and drag to reorder. Swipe to the left to delete. Everything you expect from a good to-do list. Just tap on any of your tasks to start a timer. The color will change from green to yellow to red as time goes on. Glance-ability at its best. As you use the app, Time learns how you work with artificial intelligence. The app will begin offering productivity suggestions tailored to you. Time’s stats give you an in-depth look at how much time you’ve worked, saved, and added per hour. Get digestible insights about your time.
4.) Save it For Later.
- Found an online article you’d like to read at a later date? Pocket lets you create a queue of Web content that you can access anytime from your computer, smartphone, or tablet—even without an Internet connection. Just click the Pocket button on your bookmarks bar and whatever you’re viewing will instantly be saved for later.
5.) Hold Yourself Accountable.
- Spot inefficiencies in your day and become better at managing your time, with Rescue Time. Create a goal, like spending less than 1 hour per day on email, to help you stay focused. A detailed reports show which applications and websites you spent time on. Additional reports show how much time you spent in different categories, how productive you were, and whether you achieved your goals. Stay informed with a weekly email report summarizing your activities and productivity score. Use your report to better plan the new week. Activities are automatically grouped into predefined categories with built-in productivity scores covering thousands of websites and applications. Yes, you can even customize categories and productivity scores to meet your needs.
Now you can stop asking “where did all the time go?” and fix your struggle with time management. Get rid of your issues with menial tasks, lack of organization and any distractions that are causing major time management issues. Utilize these apps and keep yourself in the zone!